Thursday, February 7, 2013

Warm bodies!


Every once in a while, there comes a book or movie that gets me ridiculously excited. In this case, the book AND movie got me hyperventilatingly happy. When I saw the cover for Warm Bodies a couple of years ago, I knew that it was going to be a favorite. And it was. I loved everything about the book and I still skim through it every once in a while. So when I realized that they were making a movie based on the book, I couldn't contain my glee. I'd literally watched the trailer everyday for the past several months.


The movie doesn't really follow the book since it's a zombie rom-com and the book is more "intellectual", I guess. In the book, R is still funny but in a more philosophical way.  Basically what happens is that there is a zombie apocalypse and barely any humans left, so the ones that are left live in a stadium with armed guards to keep the zombies out. Julie (Teresa Palmer) is part of Security and along with her boyfriend, Perry, best friend, Nora and a bunch of other Security people, venture out into the zombie ridden city in search of medicine. R (Nicholas Hoult), with his friend M and their dead-undead assemblage are also in the city looking for food. They come upon the Security group and start eating everyone in sight. R knocks down Perry and begins to eat his brain and something unusual happens so instead of eating Julie, like a normal zombie would, R decides to save her and takes her back to the zombie lair. 

The rest of the movie is R trying to keep Julie safe and Julie trying to escape while her General father is out looking for her and R's zombie group is trying to eat her. The movie is absolutely hilarious and a fun spin on Romeo and Juliet. The casting was perfect as well with the actors being able to do the zombie acting amazingly. Maybe not the best one for kids since there are some creepy bits but a great date night movie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment